The Red Sox won today, taking two out of three from the Yankees and making the Rays very happy.
As of now, the Rays are tied in the top of the tenth with the Royals. Yes people, I said the Royals. Gotta be wondering about the Rays playoff play if they can't even beat the Royals. Anyway, the exciting news for the Sox and Rays is that because of the Sox win over the Bronx Bombers, the Yankees are the AL Wild Card winners and the Rays are the AL east winners.
In the National League, interesting things are happening. The Braves won which make the situation confusing, so I will give it to you as well as I can explain it. If the Giants beat the Padres today, the Giants will win the NL west. If the Padres win today over the Giants, the Padres will be tied with the Giants for the NL West. If the Padres so win, the Braves will not be NL wildcars champions yet because they will have to have a one-game playoff with the padres.
Anyway, here are the playoffs matchups right now.....
AL: Yankees v.s. Twins and on the other side, Rangers v.s. Rays. Should be interesting matchups since the Rays are struggling and so are the Yankees and Twins. That leaves the Rangers!! Could we see a Texas team in the 2010 World Series??
Otherwise, the National League nobody knows what the matchups might look like.
Ahhh I love it! Postseason births coming down to the last day.
No comments:
Post a Comment