And I was watching that game. This one, I wasn't, but I saw on MLB.com the single worst bullpen performance in history. Derek Holland lost himself on the big stage, walking 4 and walking in 2, and then his relievers let up rockets to every field. The Giants did what the Rangers are accustomed to doing-tacking on. In Game 3, the Rangers will try to reverse that. But with all the incredible negative energy from their 8th inning implosion, they'll have a tough job to do. Also, the Rangers bullpen has been truly awful this postseason, allowing monumental rallies twice this postseason in critical games. Look to Colby Lewis. He'll have to pitch until the eighth to make sure this doesn't happen again, because the ninth will be the unbeatable Feliz, no matter what.
GAME RECAP
A lovely outing by Matt Cain. Pop ups, ground outs, strike outs, you name it, he had it all. That is the mark of a truly good pitcher. As for Wilson, he pitched as well as I expected. He was a warrior, and none of this 2-0 hole is his fault. He did his part. El Rangers, offense, por favor?
No comments:
Post a Comment