Sunday, June 5, 2011

Red Sox vs. Yankees

How about we compare lineups?
Ellsbury...............Jeter 
Pedroia................Granderson
Gonzalez...............Teixiera
Youkilis...............Rodriguez
Ortiz..................Cano
Crawford...............Swisher
Lowrie.................Martin
Drew...................Gardner
Varitex/Saltamilaccia..Posada


So you are saying the Red Sox lineup is better than the Yankees? No. Maybe by a little, but not by a long shot. Now for the pitching staff..


Lester.................Sabathia
Buchholz...............Burnett
Beckett................Colon
Lackey.................Nova
Alceves/Wakefield......Garcia


Clearly, the Red Sox staff is deeper than the Yankees, and possibly better... Rivera has the edge on Papelbon, but Papelbon is playing better (with the exception of yesturday). Who has more playoff experience? I think the Yankees do, even though the Red Sox have more rings the last 10 years. I think the two teams are very even, and it will be close down to the final month/week whatever. I think it will be a wild card/division winner combo yet again. As for the playoffs, well, we will see who has home field advantage and who has the least injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Text: Logo and Graphics Generator